Sunday, June 2, 2013

On the Edge

OKCupid will alert you when someone looks at your profile, sends you a message, and chooses you in their little match game.

Last night, I got a message from a guy who had been looking at my profile. Alright, I can't control that those two e-mails came in back to back, so I didn't think much of it. I signed in, read it, then signed out. A couple of minutes ago, he chose me on the match game. Apparently, I'm a hot commodity.

Here's his message:

Hey [my username], love the 2011 photos. IDK for some reason you look kinda "edgy" back then which makes me think your personality consist of a multitude of layers; am i wrong? Clearly, you have the sexy librarian persona on lock and i imagine the other sides of youare just as beautiful... I'm hoping you're open to talking to an african american guy who finds your pictures almost as attractive as your profile. Talk soon!

What makes this a little creepy to me is that when the e-mail came in about the match game, I noticed that he's listed as 39 / Male / Straight / Married.

Maybe they have an open relationship. Maybe they have an understanding...but it still feels weird when someone in a relationship calls me beautiful and attractive.

Also...edgy? Really? In jeans and a t-shirt? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment