Sunday, January 31, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed...

There's something to be said about persistence. My biggest complaint about the guys on dating sites is that they don't put forth any effort--I look at half filled out profiles or get messages with just "Hey, what's up?" which gives me no impetus to respond.

But there’s something to be said about putting too much effort forward. Thus, I bring you ricky.

Of all of the following, if there's no response from me, it means I had my instant messenger turned off, but he IMed me anyway.

January 3rd:
(9:52:49 pm) ricky: hello there how are you? if intrested cutie care to chat?

January 6th:
(7:28:08 pm) ricky: hello there cutir, intrested care to chat?
(7:34:32 pm) Me: depends on what we're chatting about. heh.
(7:40:05 pm) ricky: to high and siped on poision
(7:40:48 pm) ricky: favuioret synfeld and fox now
(7:49:30 pm) Me: i'm sorry?

I’m actually still confused about that one, now that I think about it.

January 14th:
(6:17:09 pm) ricky: ooh hi there, hows it going? intrested, care to chat?
(6:17:32 pm) Me: about what?
(7:05:00 pm) ricky: i dont care chat about anything

Hm…okay, so he might have just lost some of those “effort” points I was alluding to earlier.

January 21st:
(6:52:57 pm) ricky: ooh hi there, hows it going? intrested, care to chat?

January 27th:
(7:37:31 pm) ricky: oooh hellos there, hows it going? care to chat?

The sad part is, looking at his profile, if I had found him first, I probably would have sent him a message as we seem like we’d probably get along. Alas, it is not to be. Another potential prince charming turned into a frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment